An Open End-of-Year Appreciation Letter
As the end of the year draws near, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for a fantastic year. The success of the CRI® Group is based on the relationships we have built over the years, and we really wouldn’t be where we are without you. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with and for you.
Our passion for safeguarding the corporate world by detecting and exposing those elements that can cause irreparable harm to a business and help markets stand up against the outside forces that, through corruption, collusion, coercion and fraud, can cause financial, organisational, reputational and legal harm to our global clients remains strong. Over this past year, we have added staff, contractors and new clients to help us on our mission.
At CRI®, we are committed to spreading knowledge about the negative impact of fraud on global businesses and promoting transparent business relations across the world. For the past year, we worked extensively to deliver whitepapers, manuals and other insights to help organisations overcome bribery and corruption challenges and manage risks more effectively. 2021 was a year that brought many industry collaborations – including events hosted with several experts from leading organisations – and educated over 600 people with:
- Live webinar on “Third-party Due Diligence & Oversight” with Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MICCI) to celebrate International Anti-Corruption Day.
- Live Webinar on “Compliance & Adequate Due Diligence for Third-Party Risk Management – An Essential Part of a Corporate Compliance Program” hosted by us and Dubai Quality Group (DQG) with Samia El Kadiri, a Governance & Compliance Consultant for Hawkamah Institute for Corporate Governance (DIFC) and renowned author as guest speaker
- Live debate/discussion on “Reporting bribery and misconduct in the workplace. Know-how you can be the whistleblower!– building a better whistleblowing mechanism by adopting ISO 37002:2021″ with Tuan Haji Mohd Nur Lokman Samingan, MACC Senior Assistant Commissioner & Head Private Sector Branch Community Education Division and Dr KM Loi, President – Association of ABMS Practitioners Malaysia.
- Live webinar on “Bribery Pitfalls Most Organisations Often Commit. The Importance of Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ABMS)” with Dato” Sri Akhbar Haji Satar, CFE, AIBM, Founder, President Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Malaysia).
- Live debate on “Bribery discovered: What to do in the next 48 hours? with Robert Youill, Executive Director from Key Risk Consulting Asia as a guest speaker; and
- Live webinar on “Protecting your company from the global corruption pandemic“, where we explored case studies, discussed and compared local, regional and global corporate compliance standards and legislations.
2021 has been filled with a multitude of victories, and 2022 is set to be even better, as Zafar I. Anjum, our Group Chief Executive Officer, comments on here:
“2021 saw an expansion in our service capabilities with our 3PRM™- Certified solution, Anti-Money Laundering Advisory services and BS 7858:2019 Screening investigations solutions (CRI® is the only BS 7858 certified background screening services provider in the UAE and across the Middle East); in addition to announcing the opening of our new offices in Turkey (Corporate Research and Investigations Danışmanlık Hizmetleri Limited Şirketi).”
“Our sales and marketing teams have been busy attending exhibitions. We’ve also seen a dramatic increase in our online marketing presence and subsequent engagement with our customers. Next year we hope to build on the success of 2021, and to that end, further expansion plans are already on the drawing board.”
“It just leaves me to thank all our customers for their business and loyalty, but perhaps most importantly all of the hard-working and dedicated employees in the UK, UAE, Qatar, Singapore, Malaysia, Pakistan and USA, without whom none of what you read in the subsequent pages would be possible. Thank you, and here’s to a successful 2022.”
On behalf of CRI® Group, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for your continued support and partnership. We look forward to working with you in the years to come.