Fraud Risk Investigations: Unravel Fraud
CRI Group™ develops preventative measures that have helped organisations worldwide identify a material weakness in internal controls to mitigate collusive activity and reduce the liabilities associated with corporate fraud. Our international team of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) work with companies to analyse and assess fraud prevention measures, develop solid risk management programs, provide training for executives, board, management and staff, establish effective communications strategies for reporting suspicious behaviour, and implement investigation and corrective action policies that meet regulatory and compliance requirements.
CRI Group™ is the foremost authority in fraud risk management. Our investigation services help your organisation establish a strong workplace environment that promotes ethical behaviour, deters wrongdoing and encourages all employees to communicate any known or suspected activity to the proper authority.
Our certified fraud examiners bring objective and independent expertise to auditing your fraud prevention program, employing services that encompass:
- Review and assessment of your current fraud risk management program, including policies, procedures, controls, reporting functions, responsibilities assignment and investigative requirements to identify the organisation’s susceptibility to fraud and vulnerability by the department.
- Developing fraud prevention and investigation measures and implementing Anti-fraud controls.
- Defining detection methods that encompass internal audits, suspicious transaction reporting, whistle-blower strategies, and program enforcement.
- Re-engineering targeted job functions or internal controls to mesh with fraud and risk management program refinements.
We work with your organisation on an unbiased level, strengthening your fraud risk management program by:
- Adhering to the organisation’s written code of conduct
- Reviewing existing fraud risk management programs
- Training employees to properly identify fraud
- Developing internal and external reporting channels
- Identifying senior management, board and employee responsibilities
- Conducting and monitoring the progress of investigations
- Providing thorough reporting of investigative results
- Testifying as expert witnesses, if required
Our scope of work includes every aspect of corporate fraud, including:
- Money Laundering
- Intellectual Property Crimes
- Cheque & Credit Card Fraud
- Online Cybercrime
- Accounting Fraud
- Cash Theft
- Asset Misappropriation
- Contract & Procurement Fraud
- Payroll Fraud
Review the Facts, Identify the Perpetrator and Build the Case
- When fraud is suspected within the organisation, CRI Group™’s experienced fraud analysts use proven techniques to aggressively investigate the case, collect evidence and determine the facts.
- These methods include conducting detailed asset checks, background verifications, modern surveillance and stylised forms of investigation and analysis.
- Our investigative specialist works with your management, internal security and legal teams to uncover the truth and bring proper closure to the case.
CRI Group™’s fraud and white-collar crime investigations and risk consulting services have helped financial institutions, corporations, partnerships, and individuals worldwide minimise fraud and thereby satisfy capital markets, reduce legal costs, and maintain their reputation and brand equity.
- One of the largest, most experienced and best-trained integrity due diligence teams globally, with expertise in domestic and international screening.
- The ability to manage multiple background checks online
- Quick turnaround times
- High-quality searches backed by numerous checks and quality controls
- We have a flat structure which means that you will have direct access to senior members of staff throughout the due diligence process.
- Our multi-lingual teams have conducted assignments on thousands of subjects in over 80 countries, and we’re committed to maintaining and constantly evolving our global network.
Our solutions are easily customisable, flexible and we will tailor our scope to address your concerns and risk areas, saving you time and money.
- Our team of more than 50 full-time analysts is spread across Europe, Middle East, Asia, North and South America and fully equipped with the local knowledge to serve your needs globally.
- Our extensive solutions include due diligence, employee pre and post-background screening, employment history verification, business intelligence and compliance, facilitating any decision-making across your business no matter what area or department.
- Our trained investigators leverage our collective investigative experience, leading technology tools, global reach and credibility with regulators to bring you insights with precision and speed. This is also why our clients will have no hesitation in referring to us as the best investigation agency in the world
Fraud is one of the biggest and most damaging risks businesses face. The headlines are full of organisations both in the private and public sectors affected by fraud, irregularity or other wrongdoing – either as victims or accused. Statistics show that the threat of Corporate Fraud increases markedly in a down economy.
And when such fraud occurs, it takes an average of 18 months to detect. In that timeframe, the damage to your business can be both widespread and irreversible. The hidden costs related to corporate fraud drain an estimated five per cent of revenue from corporations worldwide. Fraud Risk Investigations can help you with fraud risk management or fraud risk assessment.
Historically, most major corporate fraud cases have been perpetrated by senior management who can circumvent internal controls and often work in collusion with other employees.
What motivates fraud?
- Pressures to Perform
- Staff Reductions
- Departmental Cuts
- Business Survival
- Overworked Audit Staff
- Increased External Vulnerability Due to Weak IT Controls
- Reduced Regulatory Oversight
Brochure & Publication on Fraud Risk Investigations:
Request a Fraud Risk Investigations Quote
Please complete the form below to help us prepare the best and most accurate quote for you. We will get back to you within 48 working hours.
GET INDUSTRY NEWS DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Sign up for risk management, compliance, background investigations, business intelligence and due diligence-related news, events and publications.
Over the last ten years, financial institutions worldwide, spanning the U.S., Europe, APAC, and the Middle East, have faced a staggering $26 billion in penalties. These fines were meted out for lapses in anti-money laundering...Read More
The recent staggering case involving British American Tobacco (BAT) and its subsidiary, BAT Marketing Singapore (BATMS), reverberates across the corporate world, serving as a stark reminder of the vital imperative of robust compliance, unwavering fraud...Read More
It’s no secret that business risks come in all shapes and sizes, but few of them can have as devastating an effect on the long-term health and success of a business than fraud. Fraud prevention...Read More
UAE Businesses Beware: AED 22.6 Million in Fines for Non-Compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Regulations! That's right, the UAE's Ministry of Economy has cracked down on 29 companies operating in the designated non-financial...Read More
Intellectual Property (IP) is defined as the creation of the mind that includes inventions, patents, designs, any type of art, etc. The primary purpose of establishing intellectual property rights is to foster an environment...Read More
Switzerland has introduced new Corporate Reporting and Due Diligence obligations in connection with conflict minerals and child labour to improve human rights protections around the world. Switzerland is following international trends and regulations for non-financial...Read More
An indispensable asset to any organisation, Business intelligence (BI) comprises the strategies and technologies that can be used to make on-the-spot decisions that increase revenue, improve productivity, and accelerate growth. This is done through data...Read More
With the EU Due Diligence Legislation in play, the concept of mandatory human rights due diligence for companies is gaining momentum among governments and businesses in Europe. So how does this legislation matter? In terms...Read More
IP infringement by way of buying counterfeit goods online and accessing digital content from illegal sources, intentionally or by accident, remain a common practise among youth, says the 2022 edition of the Intellectual Property and...Read More
This article looks at the Supply Chain Due Diligence Act (LkSG) that applies to companies operating or trading in Germany and will enter into force on 1 January 2023. The new German law, known as...Read More
Suppose you suspect that your intellectual property (IP) rights have been infringed. In that case, CRI Group’s Intellectual Property Investigations team helps companies identify threats to IP and confidential information internally and throughout their supply chain,...Read More
The Central Bank of the UAE (CBUAE) has issued a new anti-money laundering (AML) guide and combatting the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) for licenced financial institutions (LFIs) on risks related to politically exposed persons (PEPs),...Read More
The principal catalyst of economic crime (also known as financial crime) is monetary gain. However, economic crime has a devasting effect on individuals and communities. When associated with organised crime and terrorist financing, it threatens...Read More
CRI® Group is once again a proud supporter of 2021's International Fraud Awareness Week. Taking place throughout the week of November 14th to November 20th of 2021, International Fraud Awareness Week is a global effort...Read More
Every successful leader has encountered a challenging scenario at some point in their career. The unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, however, has forced leaders to face unforeseen new challenges. With the pandemic’s colossal impact on operations, workforces,...Read More
What does an embezzler spend their money on? In the case of a New York man’s alleged fraud, just about everything, apparently. According to IDentutyUSA identity theft is on the rise during COVID-19 pandemic. Experts predict...Read More
In a time of crisis, we often see the best in people. Even before COVID-19 was officially classified by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a global pandemic, citizens and government leaders were praising the...Read More
Interested in employee integrity due diligence and pre-employment screening? Or are you engaging in a merger or acquisition, an IPO, engaging suppliers, contractors, or new clients and looking for third-party risk management solutions? Background checks and necessary screenings...Read More
Hiring new employees is an essential part of operating, and growing, a successful business. It also presents an inherent risk to any organisation. According to popular employment site CareerBuilder.com, “58% of hiring managers said they’ve caught...Read More
Forensic accountants are experts with a unique set of training and skills. “Forensic” means suitable for use in court, and forensic accounting is a speciality practice area of accounting that deals with engagements and investigations...Read More