International Anti Corruption Day 2021
International Anti Corruption Day 2021 is observed on December 9th every year as a reminder for everyone within the corporate industry and beyond to actively speak out and fight against corruption in our day to day lives. The United Nations officially declared International Anti-Corruption Day the day to enhance awareness of adopting an anti-corruption stance. CRI is proud to announce our role on this important day. We are pleased to announce that we at CRI® group will be hosting a free webinar alongside our sister brand, Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence Group, organised courtesy of the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MICCI). The webinar is scheduled to take place on December 9th 2021, at 10:30 MYT.
Find out more about the webinar. Seats are limited to 50 places, register now
The “Know-how to defend your company from disastrous litigation with Third-party Risk Management and Due Diligence” webinar will be looking into the following points:
- Third-party due diligence and oversight as a robust anti-corruption measure for companies to adopt
- Risk-based due diligence and regular supervision of third-party business partners
- Informing third-party business partners of their duty and obtaining a reciprocal commitment
- Steps for business partners to report suspected bribery or corruption
- Other activities to prevent and detect corruption
- Undisclosed third-party transactions
- Material misrepresentations or commissions
- Unreported financial difficulties
- Criminal or regulatory sanctions
- Prior bribe or corruption allegations
- Unknown legal or bankruptcy proceedings
- Politically exposed Persons -PEPs
In recent years, third-party risk management has become a primary concern for organisations amid increased outsourcing against a backdrop of rising costs, digitisation and low-interest rates, which have put downward pressure on margins. While there are many benefits driving outsourcing, e.g., increased efficiency and scale, it naturally also increases the risk and complexity of third-party relationships. Corruption and bribery can impact any organisation and cause severe harm to businesses, including financial loss, dire legal consequences, brand damage, organisation’s reputation & sustainable development. This coupled with increased lengths of agreements, on average five to seven years, the need for ongoing performance management becomes that much more significant, which is why both our brands feel it is vital to address.
Please make use of this opportunity to educate yourself better and your personnel to work towards a more transparent corporate model while seamlessly integrating it into your day-to-day lives. Ethical business always begins from within, and CRI® Group is more than present to help you through this.
TALK TO US
Matters surrounding risk management and compliance can be daunting, so why not contact CRI? Our experts have years of experience and have been trained to provide your business with bespoke advice that fits your organisations’ needs. Don’t hesitate. Implement preventative measures in your workplace today and guide your team to an ethical and correct way of working.
ABOUT CORPORATE RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATIONS (CRI® GROUP)
Corporate Research and Investigations Limited (CRI® Group) has been safeguarding businesses from fraud, bribery and corruption since 1990. Globally, we are a leading Compliance and Risk Management company licensed and incorporated entity of the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) and Qatar Financial Center (QFC). CRI® protects businesses by establishing the legal compliance, financial viability, and integrity levels of outside partners, suppliers and customers seeking to affiliate with your business. Based in London, United Kingdom, CRI® is a global company with experts and resources located in key regional marketplaces across the Asia Pacific, South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, North and South America. Our global team can support your organisation anywhere in the world.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
- CRI® mission is to safeguard the corporate world by detecting and exposing those elements that can cause irreparable harm to a business
- Stand up against the outside forces that, through corruption, collusion, coercion and fraud, can cause financial, organisational, reputational and legal harm to our global clients
- Stand out as the preeminent provider of specialised investigative services that enable our clients to exhibit the highest standards of business integrity, ethics and behaviour