UAE Good Conduct & Behaviour: CRI® Group urges all UAE organisations to implement thorough background screening under the UAE Good Conduct & Behaviour rule
Those applying for UAE employment visas need to obtain the UAE “Good Conduct & Behaviour Certificate” to create a more secure and peaceful community. The certificate is a mandatory requirement. Expatriates will need to procure a certificate of good conduct and behaviour from their respective home country or a country where they have legally resided in the last five years. The certificate will need to be authenticated by the UAE diplomatic mission or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs overseas. This rule is deemed to apply to all UAE jurisdictions but excludes dependants accompanying primary applicants as well as tourists.
The implementation of this rule on 4 February 2018 came to light of the UAE authorities endeavouring to achieve high levels of security for UAE residents and ensuring that security screening measures are met with authenticated evidence in the form of a legalised good certificate of conduct.
In the short term, business leaders should be wary of a potential uptick in employment fraud, according to experts from Corporate Research and Investigations LLC “CRI® Group,” a leading global provider of background screening and due diligence services.
According to CRI® Group, the high volume of foreign applicants applying for jobs in the UAE could mean a rush to secure the certificates, with the possibility of a few individuals using fraudulent credentials to meet applicable standards. There’s also a risk of applicants presenting fraudulent good conduct certificates to obtain employment visas quickly.
“This is an important new rule that will help the UAE ensure an even more secure workforce,” said Zafar Anjum, CRI® Group’s CEO. “However, this is also a critical time for all organisations to conduct thorough pre-employment background checks. CRI® Group provides this service at an expert level, and we can also verify the validity of Good Conduct Certificates. With our operational capabilities in 80 countries, we have the knowledge and resources to determine if the certificates are genuine and not fake or forged.”
CRI® Group has a specialised dedicated service called EmploySmart™ as additional verification support to organisations in public and private sectors to authenticate Good Conduct Certificates and verify the validity of attested documents such as diplomas and transcripts, certificates, and education, character references, certificates/letters.
Anjum encourages organisations to move quickly “time is of the essence.” Please get in touch with us at email@example.com for more information.
CRI® Group Employee Background Checks
Employee background checks, also known as EmploySmart™, is a robust new pre-employment background screening service certified for BS7858 to avoid negligent hiring liabilities. Ensure a safe work environment for all – EmploySmart™ can be tailored into specific screening packages to meet the requirements of each position within your company. We are a leading worldwide provider, specialising in local and international employee background checks, including pre-employment and post-employment background checks.
CRI® Employee Background Checks are an investigation into a person’s character – inside and outside their professional lives. Some checks you already carry out in-house, such as candidate’s qualifications (documents provided), work history (with a reference check), right to work in the country and even a quick social media presence scan.
However, we provide a full in-depth background screening service for candidates and employees at all levels – from senior executives through to shop-floor employees:
- Address Verification (Physical Verification)
- Identity Verification
- Previous Employment Verification
- Education & Credential Verification
- Local Language Media Check
- Credit Verification & Financial History (where publicly available)
- Compliance & Regulatory Check
- Civil Litigation Record Check
- Bankruptcy Record Check
- International Criminal Record Check
- Integrity Due Diligence
- and more.
You’re vulnerable to risk when you bring a new employee into your business to fill a vital role. CRI® is trusted by the world’s largest corporations and consultancies – outsource your employee due diligence to an experienced provider, and you will only ever have to look forward, never back. Working with CRI® Group, you get:
- Expertise in domestic and international screening, one of the largest, most experienced and best-trained integrity due to diligence teams globally.
- The ability to manage multiple background checks online
- Quick turnaround times
- High-quality searches, backed by numerous checks and quality controls
- We have a flat structure which means that you will have direct access to senior staff members throughout the due diligence process.
- Our multi-lingual teams have conducted assignments on thousands of subjects in over 80 countries, and we’re committed to maintaining and constantly evolving our global network.
- Our solutions are easily customisable, flexible and we will tailor our scope to address your concerns and risk areas, saving you time and money.
- Our team of more than 50 full-time analysts is spread across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, North and South America and fully equipped with the local knowledge to serve your needs globally.
- Our comprehensive solutions include due diligence, employee pre and post background screening, business intelligence and compliance, facilitating any decision-making across your business no matter what area or department.
Who is CRI® Group?
Based in London, CRI® Group works with companies across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific as a one-stop international Risk Management, Employee Background Screening, Business Intelligence, Due Diligence, Compliance Solutions and other professional Investigative Research solutions provider. We have the largest proprietary network of background-screening analysts and investigators across the Middle East and Asia. Our global presence ensures that no matter how international your operations are, we have the network needed to provide you with all you need, wherever you happen to be. CRI® Group also holds BS 102000:2013 and BS 7858:2012 Certifications, is an HRO certified provider and partner with Oracle.
In 2016, CRI® Group launched the Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence – an independent certification body established for ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems, ISO 37301 Compliance Management Systems and ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management, providing training and certification. ABAC® operates through its global network of certified ethics and compliance professionals, qualified auditors and other certified professionals. As a result, CRI® Group’s international team of certified fraud examiners work as a discreet white-labelled supplier to some of the world’s largest organisations. Contact ABAC® for more on ISO Certification and training.