ABAC® summit held for 2019 International Anti-Corruption Day
“Manage your business risks with confidence” was the tone for CRI Group’s ABAC® Center of Excellence anti-bribery anti-corruption training event held on International Anti-Corruption Day (Monday, 9 December) in Dubai. Hosted at Dubai Quality Group’s offices at Emarat Atrium Building, “Introductory Seminar on ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management System” provided critical insight on how to protect businesses from bribery and corruption risks. Bribery and corruption do more than just damage businesses and detrimentally affect employees – it also affects the world’s economy. For example, it’s estimated that more than US $4 billion was embezzled in one of the world’s biggest corruption schemes, 1MDB, globally. The ABAC seminar provided effective, real-world solutions laid forth by the ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management System to give businesses effective controls to mitigate risk.
Takeaways for attendees included a greater understanding of the globalisation of bribery and corruption, and an in-depth look at Middle East case studies. The seminar also provided an understanding of the background of bribery, and the knowledge of ISO 37001 impact, requirements, training, and certification. Another focus was on how to remain in compliance with ISO 37001. Attendees included top-level management personnel and specialists with expertise in various areas, such as compliance and ethics, legal practises and counseling, internal audit, internal controls, finance, risk management, and supply chains. Many in the group were involved in coordinating, developing, implementing and auditing anti-bribery compliance activities internally. Some attendees were involved in assessing their organisation’s internal and external supply chain. The seminar was also streamed live on Dubai Quality Group’s Instagram page.
ISO 37001 training
A company’s own employees are its best protection against corruption. Statistics show that most corruption is detected internally. Give your employees the tools they need to prevent bribery and mitigate related risks. Achieving ISO 37001 Awareness, Internal Auditor, Lead Auditor and/or Lead Implementer training is a proactive way of demonstrating your organisation’s commitment to ethical sustainability. Your employees will be able to recognise any form of corruption, and report it. Our trainers are the best in the business. They’re passionate about sharing their knowledge with you and/or your employees. ABAC® trusted experts have years of hands-on and business experience – they bring the subject matter to life with relevant and contemporary examples.
Lead Auditor training in Pakistan
Join us for LA training in Pakistan. During this training, you will:
- Understand the operation of an Anti-bribery Management System based on ISO 37001 and its principal processes
- Understand the correlation between ISO 37001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role in planning, leading and following-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 37001 in the context of an ABMS audit
- Strengthen the personal skills necessary for an auditor to act with due professional care during an audit
Who should attend? This training is a critical course intended for all personnel who are:
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Anti-bribery Management System (ABMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Anti-bribery Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISO 37001 requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Anti-bribery Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Anti-bribery Management
- Are involved in the development, implementation and evaluation of their organisation’s Anti-bribery Anti-corruption framework
- Are involved with the assessment of the organisation’s internal and external supply chain
- Are involved in exposing the bribery and compliance risk
- Are existing auditors who wish to refresh their skills