Due Diligence Investigations Can Give You External Protection
Due Diligence investigations involve thoroughly identifying, evaluating and verifying all available information on a person, company or entity. By conducting a comprehensive due diligence investigation through a reliable partner, you can make informed and confident business decisions – especially important when you’re hiring or considering prospective business partners or new commercial relationships – and protect your organization and team from external risks.
With corruption rife on an international scale, due diligence investigations with a global reach are more important than ever. To protect your business from liabilities and regulatory non-compliance and to ensure successful, legitimate business transactions, you must make sure your organization has timely and accurate business intelligence as a business leader.
Due diligence is called for whenever an individual or company enters into a high-stakes transaction. For example, if your company is considering acquiring a piece of real estate, purchasing another business, or hiring a job candidate to fill a top position, a due diligence investigation can uncover information that might not be readily available. Companies may also benefit from investigating potential clients, overseas business partners, and intellectual property.
In theory, anyone can perform a due diligence investigation. However, the process is time-consuming and requires access to a wide range of data sources. Most companies hire professional investigators who have the time and the expertise to do in-depth due diligence research properly and legally and to provide an informed analysis of potential risks. CRI® Group uses a proven, multi-faceted research approach to third-party investigations involving a global array of databases, court and public record searches, local contacts, industry and media resources, and in-depth web-based research. Our resources include:
- International business verification
- Individual business interest search
- Personal profile on individual subjects
- Company profile on corporate entities
- Historical ownership analysis
- Identification of subsidiaries and connected parties
- Global and national criminality and regulatory records check
- World-check politically exposed person database
- international media research
- Country-specific databased that include litigation checks, law enforcement agencies and capital market, regulators
- Company background analysis
- Industry reputational assessment
- FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery and corruption risks databases
- Global terrorism check
- Global Financial authorities check
- Money laundering risk databases
- Financial reports
CRI® Group investigations delve deep into every aspect of the third-party provider, including operational performance, financial condition, reputation, references, present and past litigation, key principals, internal controls, current relationships, customer services, quality control and insurance coverage. A company’s reputation is one of its greatest assets and should be protected at all costs. Unfortunately, one dishonest associate or poor choice of investment can do a lot of damage to a company’s image as well as to its bottom line. A proper due diligence investigation can protect you and your business from bad investments, unpleasant surprises, and even legal troubles. Getting a more complete picture of a situation through due diligence can help you make better, more profitable decisions. If you’re ready to perform a due diligence investigation but don’t know where to start, contact CRI® Group today.
Who is CRI® Group?
Based in London, CRI® Group works with companies across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific as a one-stop international Risk Management, Employee Background Screening, Business Intelligence, TPRM, Due Diligence, Compliance Solutions and other professional Investigative Research solutions provider. We have the largest proprietary network of background-screening analysts and investigators across the Middle East and Asia. Our global presence ensures that no matter how international your operations are we have the network needed to provide you with all you need, wherever you happen to be. CRI® Group also holds BS 102000:2013 and BS 7858:2012 Certifications, is an HRO certified provider and partner with Oracle
We’d like to share with you 10 great reasons to partner with CRI® Group today:
- CRI® Group’s personal touch: Our high level of service sets us apart from our competitors: As your partner, our team become members of your team – working for you with our “boots on the ground” approach to gathering information. Our experts excel at deterring, detecting and investigating fraud and other crimes against businesses.
- Our vast business intelligence network: We access information from 180 countries, gathering local knowledge in places our competitors cannot. Our presence in Pakistan, Oman, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Qatar, Egypt, Kuwait, Bahrain, as well as other countries in Africa and the whole of Southeast Asia, means that many of our competitors contact us for information from those countries.
- Competitive pricing: CRI® Group does not maintain the high overhead of larger firms, many of which lack our specialisation and level of individual client attention. We work within your budget, as CRI® Group’s prices are consistently lower than our competitors’ rates.
- “3PRM” – Our Third-Party Risk Management Strategy™: At CRI® Group, we have developed our own comprehensive service for helping clients manage third-party risks. Our team of experts provide the highest level of protection for companies worldwide.
- CRI® Group’s wide knowledge base: Our experts come from a variety of professions and possess industry knowledge and experience serving clients spanning the oil and energy, banking, investments, international finance, and public and privately held multinational business sectors. CRI® Group professionals work closely with your business to analyse systems and develop effective solutions that reduce the risk of your company falling prey to employees, suppliers or outside crime.
- Our background checks catch everything: CRI® Group’s background screening and pre-employment screening services expose vulnerabilities and threats within your organisation and can significantly reduce the potential of business and financial crime, fraud and malpractice from occurring within your workplace.
- We’re recognised and acclaimed: As well as winning awards for “Anti-Fraud Advisor of the Year,” “Leading Adviser in UAE”, and “Business Due-Diligence Firm of the Year,” CRI® Group is also working towards the “Investors in People” accreditation.
- We are discreet: Let’s face it; there are some problems you just don’t want announced to the world. Fraud, internal investigations, due diligence or liability issues – CRI® Group’s experts are trained to maintain the highest levels of client confidentiality. We keep your private business private.
- Our updates keep you in the know: As industry experts, we offer a publication called Fraud 360, which is produced on a quarterly basis, with monthly email updates offering awareness, knowledge, latest trends and helpful advice for companies on fraud. If you would like to be on our mailing list, please subscribe here.
- CRI® Group is truly international. We maintain offices in UAE, Turkey, Pakistan, Qatar, Singapore, Hong Kong, the United States and the United Kingdom. For more information, please visit www.crigroup.com.
Check out our Why Partner With CRI® Group InfoPack
In 2016, CRI® Group launched Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence – an independent certification body established for ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems, ISO 37301:2021 Compliance Management Systems and ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management, providing training and certification. ABAC® operates through its global network of certified ethics and compliance professionals, qualified auditors and other certified professionals. As a result, CRI® Group’s global team of certified fraud examiners work as a discreet white-labelled supplier to some of the world’s largest organizations. Contact ABAC® for more on ISO Certification and training.