Investigations Manager – Pakistan
Investigations Manager based in Islamabad, Pakistan. In Corporate Research and Investigations Limited (CRI Group), we are on an incredible journey as the world’s leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on Anti-Corruption, Compliance and Third-Party Risk Management. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more.
With the COVID pandemic, businesses are increasingly looking to manage their business risks and comply with specific regulatory frameworks to safeguard their organisations. This is where we come in. With Industry-Specific Knowledge and Global Resources. At CRI Group, we know the business and the threats that can ruin it. CRI Group specialises in Third-Party Risk Management and Consulting, Corporate Investigations, Investigative Due Diligence, Fraud Risk Investigations, Insurance Fraud Investigations, Corporate Security Consulting & Investigations, Business intelligence & Investigations, Employee Background Screening & Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Investigations, Intellectual Property Investigations. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
Manager of Investigations role will oversee the operational delivery of ethical, lawful and efficient investigations, ensuring the continuous improvement of how investigations are being delivered in line with technical and legal changes, managing a global team of investigators and working closely with other departments involved in investigations, ensuring technologies in place support the delivery of efficient investigations and partner with the business and Compliance to ensure investigations effectively support our client’s risk management framework. Critical priorities for this position include maintaining responsibility for setting up and managing the local and international investigation framework in CRI Group.
In addition, the role will be responsible for directing, managing, and conducting comprehensive and objective investigations of alleged fraud, corporate corruption, misconduct, Pre-Employment Background Screening, including instances of reported unethical or illegal practices, violation of company policies or breach of legal and regulatory requirements.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, and these responsibilities include some of the following
- Define and deliver the CRI Group’s Investigations & 3PRM™ Services strategy, in partnership with senior stakeholders, with Internal Compliance, Legal, HR and Tech partners, and support the company’s objectives.
- Establish, manage, and continuously update and improve the Investigations & 3PRM™ Services.
- Conduct Webinars and participate in certain investigative and Anti-Corruption events, seminars, and conferences worldwide to represent Investigations & 3PRM™ Services.
- Lead the Corporate Investigations and Pre-Employment Background Screening services team and manage 3rd party suppliers and local agents to ensure efficient, compliant, and added-value services are delivered to the clients.
- Build, maintain and strategically influence relationships across the organisation and with counterparts in the Investigative industry.
- Identify trends, emerging risks, and insights regarding local and international investigations, and communicate these effectively across the CRI Group to ensure a proactive risk mitigation approach to clients.
- Serve as the central triage and allocation point for centrally reported investigations and partner with Compliance, Legal, HR and Tech to ensure tactical oversight of investigations and related systems.
- Maintain current knowledge and awareness of investigative techniques, fraud schemes, privacy laws, and applicable industry regulations, and coach other investigators and high-performance building teams.
- Direct, manage, and conduct objective, impartial, and fact-finding investigations by following practical investigative steps following all relevant policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Oversee the identification, implementation, deployment and use of efficient tools, including case management system, speak-up lines and reporting mechanisms and data analytics tools, in partnership with the client’s Compliance, Legal and HR stakeholders.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested, including deputising for the Investigations & 3PRM™ Services when required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree plus postgraduate/ professional qualification or experience in law enforcement or Corporate Investigations environment (depending on the individual’s seniority in the team and their development potential);
- Proficiency in leading and managing investigations and teams and related processes.
Experience in performing investigations and/or audits under the direction of internal and/or external legal counsel,
- Compliance and Risk Management professionals.
- Established understanding of fraud and abuse, anti-kickback, anti-bribery and anti-corruption and other rules and regulations applicable to different industry sectors.
- Experience leading and managing teams (both directly and through influence) to conduct investigations timely, with a proven record of team building across functions.
- Demonstrated decision-making and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation effectively and to engage with Senior Leaders on highly complex and sensitive matters.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Forensic accounting qualifications (e.g., CFE, CPA, CIA) and/or MBA Degree plus postgraduate professional qualification or experience in law enforcement or Corporate Investigations environment (depending on the individual’s seniority in the team and their development potential), with a desire to work towards professional qualifications in the short term
- Ability to interpret and conceptualise rules, guidelines, policies, procedures, and controls.
- Sound and independent judgement in complex and sensitive investigative cases.
- Ability to assess/analyse complex business information and develop appropriate conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Proficient in English, other languages an asset.
- Critical and strategic thinker.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Quickly adapt to changes.
- Highly and effectively organised.
Working hours, patterns and environment:
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Hours Per Day: 8.5 hour
You’ll work around 42.5 hours a week, usually Monday to Friday, within our standard working hours. However, due to the nature of the role, you may need to work before or after standard hours and even at weekends. The role requires flexibility in this respect.
You will be primarily office-based, but there will be a requirement, on occasions, to travel to meetings, including at other organisations, but this will be a rare aspect of the role. Occasionally, there might be a requirement to travel or work overseas, although this is likely to be only for short periods.
- Monthly team building lunches and other regular company staff events
- Great working office environment and collegial, supportive work atmosphere
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Industry: Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, Risk and Compliance Management, Investigative Research Services