An extra layer of security
As a global investigative firm with a network of 76 agents worldwide, CRI Group has the resources and expertise needed to implement thorough and comprehensive pre- and post-employment screening. As part of our EmploySmart program, we have conducted more than 187,000 individual background checks, serving top companies of many industry sectors worldwide. CRI Group’s thorough background screening includes the following:
- Identity: Some job candidates will actually fabricate a new identity, especially if they have something to hide. Proper screening can verify addresses, phone numbers and other identifying information to confirm that they are who they claim to be.
- Employment: Screening will verify past employers, locations of past employment, dates employed, salary levels, reasons for leaving, position titles, gaps in employment history and pertinent contact information.
- Education: Education verification is needed to confirm school grades, degrees and professional qualifications.
- Criminal history: International criminal records searches are critically important, and should include any convictions for the applicant in the requested jurisdictions.
- Character references: Sometimes overlooked is the need to follow-up on references provided by the applicant.
- Credit history: As permitted by local laws, financial and credit history should be reviewed, as fraud statistics have shown financial distress to be a key red flag for fraudulent behavior.
Case studies from our experience
While conducting expert background screening for a client, CRI Group uncovered disturbing details about an applicant. When this individual’s previous employers were contacted, one of them reported that the applicant was hired without any prior experience, was trained for a couple of months, and then terminated due to committing cash embezzlement as well as participating in harassment and workplace violence. A second employment verification revealed his termination, as he caused a financial loss to the company.
In another case, CRI Group screened 18 degrees claimed from a single university. By contacting the university and conducting an examination of documents and records, CRI Group found an astounding 5 of them (27.7 percent) to be fake and/or forged. In the end, whether your company employs 10 or 1,000, your employee roster doesn’t have to be a minefield of mysteries or unknowns. With effective background screening, your business will be more secure, and your trust in your employees well-placed.
Who is CRI Group?
Based in London, CRI Group works with companies across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific as a one-stop international Risk Management, Employee Background Screening, Business Intelligence, Due Diligence and other professional Investigative Research solutions provider. We have the largest proprietary network of background-screening analysts and investigators across the Middle East and Asia. Our global presence ensures that no matter how international your operations are we have the network needed to provide you with all you need, wherever you happen to be. CRI Group also holds BS 102000:2013 and BS 7858:2012 Certifications, is an HRO certified provider and partner with Oracle.
In 2016, CRI Group launched Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence – an independent certification body established for ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems, ISO 19600:2014 Compliance Management Systems and ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management, providing training and certification. ABAC® operates through its global network of certified ethics and compliance professionals, qualified auditors and other certified professionals. As a result, CRI Group’s global team of certified fraud examiners work as a discreet white-labelled supplier to some of the world’s largest organisations. Contact ABAC® for more on ISO Certification and training.