Compliance Officer – Pakistan
About the role of Compliance Officer
Compliance Officer based in Pakistan will be working with Management and other departmental heads to improve Cultural Transformation of the Legal Sector and aspects of the CRI Group. The position holder shall keep abreast of regional and international privacy laws including GDPR.
Becoming a Driving Force for Innovation in the Company, Driving Efficiency of the Group Legal Department with the Latest Legal Technology, knowledge, drafting, reviewing all contracts, agreements, NDAs, legal memos and communications of the CRI Group. Communication and dealing with local and regional regulatory institutions as the need may be.
Compliance Officer will undertake certain regulatory compliance matters, to create regional and global compliance structure in line with CRI Group services capabilities and compliance needs, most specifically data protection and data privacy matter. CO will be involved to work with our present Compliance professionals while actively involved to conduct frequent internal audits to ascertain that we are operating as per regulatory requirements, provide necessary training and to create and implement relevant policies and procedures.
The position holder will be responsible for:
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately and timely evaluated, investigated and resolved. This may include, assisting in investigating or supporting efforts to investigate reports of alleged non-compliance with laws or company
- Develop the organizational capability to support and sustain a strong compliance culture on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a robust data analytics program to provide for advanced and continuous monitoring of compliance risks and controls
- Support, coordinate and contribute to the periodic alignment and updating of corporate policies and procedures across functions and business units for sharing best practices, identifying gaps, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Supervising & scheduling Audits, conducting and monitoring Internal Audits, Preparing and communicating audit reports along with Nonconformity reports to senior management.
- To schedule, surprise audits with mutual consent of senior management.
- To review audit reports, MR Minutes and a record of Corrective preventive actions.
- Collaborating with other departments (e.g., Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing and Business Development, Investigations etc.) to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Ensuring the compliance of all the functions including the review, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all policies and procedures as per the ISO standards
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to identify and prioritise potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory environment by conducting compliance research and analysis of new/pending laws, regulations, interpretive rulings, and regulatory agency directives.
- To handle legal matters of the group.
- Assist with implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To support the team in drafting, reviewing all contracts, agreements, NDAs, legal memos and communications of the CRI Group.
- Mentor/train peers within the business unit and provide compliance risk expertise to projects and initiatives.
- Respond to department inquiries about compliance issues, utilising appropriate sources for accurate research.
- Respond to ethics and policy questions, provide training, implement and monitor compliance systems.
- Develops action plans by determining corporate positions; conducting research; developing strategies for complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising the executive management team on needed actions.
- Recommend corporate policies and strategies that promote the company’s goals while complying with regulations
- Represent the company in the event of administrative or law enforcement audits, investigations or litigation
- Prepare for the possibility of audits and investigations by developing strategies, maintaining records and designing procedures.
- As and when required to be part of ISO 37001 ABMS audit, so he/she can also look after ABAC Group’s audit assignments for local, regional and international regulatory compliance requirements
- To develop, review and improve ABAC Certification Bribery Risk Assessment Framework for each industry sector within the scope of ABAC Certification accreditation across the globe.
- To draft and develop risk assessment structure and checklists within the framework of local and international anti-bribery and regulatory laws.
- Conduct awareness sessions regarding GDPR and ensure relevant departments are complying with it.
- Supervising & Monitoring subordinates’ performance and activity, if applicable.
- Responsibilities and duties of the position holder can be modified according to the needs and requirements of the Company and work.
- Following current and prospective ISO Standards, policies and procedures.
- Carrying out any other task and assignment given by the management.
Essential Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor/master’s Degree preferable in risk management; OR
- ICA International Diploma in Compliance and/or CCEP- I will be an added advantage.
- 4-6 years of experience in practicing law, specifically regulatory compliance.
- Experience in a large law firm or a combination of law firm and corporation required.
- Experience providing strategic advice and counsel to company leaders.
- Knowledge of UK Bribery Act, Data Protection and Privacy laws like GDPR
- Legal and compliance working experience in any and/or all the industry sectors specifically Banking and Finance, Real estate, property, legal business services, Power Generation and Transmission, Mining, Oils, Gases/Utilities, and Pharmaceutical & Healthcare.
- Be an enthusiastic and committed team player.
- Commitment to excellence in a fast-paced, high growth, aggressive business environment.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to successfully interact at all company levels are also important.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people in various departments
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills in the English language are essential.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be computer literate
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting.
- Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
- Some travel (±30%) may be required.
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Hours Per Day: 8.5 hour
You’ll work around 42.5 hours a week, usually Monday to Friday, within our standard working hours. However, due to the nature of the role, you may need to work before or after standard hours and even at weekends. The role requires flexibility in this respect.
You will be primarily office-based, but there will be a requirement, on occasions, to travel to meetings, including at other organisations, but this will be a rare aspect of the role. Occasionally, there might be a requirement to travel or work overseas, although this is likely to be only for short periods.
Benefits: A great employee benefits package is offered
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Remuneration: Competitive, dependent on experience
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Who we are?
We’re a global leader in Risk, Compliance and Anti-Bribery Management System Certification and Training. Our mission is simple: To safeguard the corporate world by detecting and exposing those elements that can cause irreparable harm to a business.
We provide solutions to our clients and have a strong and proven range of services under core service pillars including background screening, due diligence, third-party risk management and implementation and training of anti-bribery and anti-corruption management systems. Evolving for over 29 years we’re built on a reputation to continue to drive forward with our mission and we continue to guide a path for others to follow.