We’re a global leader in Risk, Compliance and Anti-Bribery Management System Certification and Training. Our mission is simple:
To safeguard the corporate world by detecting and exposing those elements that can cause irreparable harm to a business.
We provide solutions to our clients and have a strong and proven range of services under core service pillars including background screening, due diligence, third-party risk management and implementation and training of anti-bribery and anti-corruption management systems.
Evolving for over 30 years we’re built on a reputation to continue to drive forward with our mission and we continue to guide a path for others to follow.
• Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately and timely evaluated, investigated and resolved. This may include, assisting in investigating or supporting efforts to investigate reports of alleged non-compliance with laws or company
• Develop organisational capability to support and sustain a strong compliance culture on a day to day basis.
• Develop and implement Business Continuity framework throughout the group
• Develop, deploy and maintain a robust data analytics program to provide for advanced and continuous monitoring of compliance risks and controls
• Support, coordinate, and contribute to the periodic alignment and updating of corporate policies and procedures across functions and business units for sharing best practices, identifying gaps, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
• Supervising & scheduling Audits, conducting and monitoring Internal Audits, Prepare and communicate audit reports along with Nonconformity reports to senior management.
• To schedule surprise audits with mutual consent of senior management.
• To review audit reports, MR Minutes and a record of Corrective preventive actions.
• Collaborating with other departments (e.g., Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing and Business Development, Investigations etc.) to identify and resolve compliance issues.
• Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
• Ensuring the compliance of all the functions including the review, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all policies and procedures as per the ISO standards
• Conduct periodic risk assessments to identify and prioritise potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
• Keep abreast of the regulatory environment by conducting compliance research and analysis of new/pending laws, regulations, interpretive rulings, and regulatory agency directives.
• To handle legal matters of the group.
• Draft legal documents for the company.
• Assist with the implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• To support the team in drafting, reviewing all contracts, agreements, NDAs, legal memos and communications of the CRI Group.
• Mentor/train peers within the business unit and provide compliance risk expertise to projects and initiatives.
• Respond to department inquiries about compliance issues, utilising appropriate sources for accurate research.
• Respond to ethics and policy questions, provide training, implement and monitor compliance systems.
• Develops action plans by determining corporate positions; conducting research; developing strategies for complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
• Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising the executive management team on needed actions.
• Recommend corporate policies and strategies that promote the company’s goals while complying with regulations.
• Represent the company in the event of administrative or law enforcement audits, investigations or litigation.
• Prepare for the possibility of audits and investigations by developing strategies, maintaining records and designing procedures.
• As and when required to be part of ISO 37001 ABMS audit, where you will also look after ABAC Group’s audit assignments for local, regional and international regulatory compliance requirements
• To develop, review and improve ABAC Certification Bribery Risk Assessment Framework for each industry sector within the scope of ABAC Certification accreditation across the globe.
• To draft and develop risk assessment structure and checklists within the framework of local and international anti-bribery and regulatory laws.
• Conduct awareness session regarding GDPR and ensure relevant departments are complying to it.
• Conduct webinars on compliance-related topics in collaboration with the marketing team.
• Graduate Degree preferably LLB. But Business management degree holder can also apply
• At least 4- 6 years of relevant experience in a compliance role
• Experience in service industry preferably financial institutions will be an added advantage
• Having ISO 9001:2015 and/or ISO 27001:2013 lead auditor or internal auditor certification will be a plus.
• Knowledge of international law will be advantageous.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Knowledge of public policies, legislation, guidelines, and standards pertaining to discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
• Demonstrated ability to develop institutional policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated understanding of compliance systems and controls.
• Detailed knowledge of laws and regulations affecting business operations
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of investigation, negotiation, mediation and complaint resolution process of high level/sensitive claims on behalf of the company.
• Ability to interpret and advise on the application of various laws and regulations.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and an eye for detail.
• Experience in preparing high quality written documentation.
• Be able to work under pressure.
• Be an enthusiastic and committed team player.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Working hours, patterns and environment:
Monday to Friday
Hours Per Day: 8.5 hours
You’ll work around 42.5 hours a week, usually Monday to Friday within our standard working hours. However, due to the nature of the role, at times you may need to work before or after standard hours, and even possibly at weekends. The role requires flexibility in this respect.
You will be primarily office-based, but there will be a requirement, on occasions, to travel to meetings, including at other organizations, but this will be a rare aspect of the role. But you shall be prepared to travel, both nationally and internationally as business needs dictate necessary.
Medical Insurance, Life insurance, Paid annual leaves, Interest-free loan, Educational Assistance programs, flexible timings.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports To: Group Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Industry: Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, Risk and Compliance Management, Investigative Research Services
Due to foreseen popularity of this role, it is highly recommended for an early application.
Thank you for your interest and good luck!