We’re a global leader in Risk, Compliance and Anti-Bribery Management System Certification and Training. Our mission is simple:
To safeguard the corporate world by detecting and exposing those elements that can cause irreparable harm to a business.
We provide solutions to our clients and have a strong and proven range of services under core service pillars including background screening, due diligence, third-party risk management and implementation and training of anti-bribery and anti-corruption management systems.
Evolving for over 30 years we’re built on a reputation to continue to drive forward with our mission and we continue to guide a path for others to follow.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing accounting and administrative duties. You will support our business growth and accounting department by processing invoices, transactions, expenses as well as updating our accounting database. Directs and organizes all general accounting activities and accounting staff. Prepares accounting and financial reports. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting records. Also ensures accounting systems are in control and takes necessary steps to minimize risk to the organization. The position holder will be responsible for handling accounting related matter of the region singlehandedly. This position will give you the opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge and experience.
• Maintains the general ledger, QuickBooks and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company’s and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
• Processing of monthly invoices and recording of daily transactions and expenses
• Perform administrative support functions.
• Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports on QuickBooks Software, responsible for maintaining computerised accounting system.
• Responsible for the day-to-day duties pertaining to the banking and operational activities of the CRI Group Pakistan office.
• Dealing with bank-related matters regarding all corporate and employee accounts
• Administers preparation of interim, year-end, and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget.
• Prepares required government reports and responds to inquiries as necessary. Including quarterly and annual tax returns.
• Issuance of the invoices to local clientage on a timely basis in close coordination with the operations team.
• Summarize receivables/payables by maintaining accounts, coordinating monthly transfer/payments to receivable/payables account, verifying totals, preparing ageing reports etc.
• Ensure the accurate and timely reconciliation of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Prepare E-payments and filing With Holding Tax returns under sections relevant to employee salaries and vendors.
• Issue WHT income tax certificates both to the employees and vendors as per Income Tax Ordinance 2001.
• Submission of annual return of income tax for Pakistan office and of directors through coordinating with CRI Group legal and tax consultants.
• Stays current with developments, practice trends and promulgations in the accounting profession; monitors accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies the accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains the integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
• Responsible for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of payroll checks and reports by the HR Department.
• Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by Management.
• Assists the Management in coordinating the year-end financial audit and preparing schedules and documents for independent (third-party) auditors.
• Handle monthly and quarterly reports
• Supervising admin department and responsible for the monitoring of daily administrative activities
• Handle day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and payroll
• Monitoring of actual expenses against budgeted estimates and provide a variance analysis report as required.
• Coordination with other regional accounts representative or consultants may be required.
• Ensure all mandatory compliance activities related to FBR and SECP etc. in a timely manner.
• Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties, as required or requested by the Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field of study or ACCA qualified
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• At least 1 year of practical experience using QuickBooks is required.
• QuickBooks training and/or certification will be a plus
• Experience in filling monthly and annual tax will be advantageous.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Ability to manage the department single handedly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with people are essential, as are good leadership skills.
• Highly detail-oriented
Working hours, patterns and environment:
Monday to Friday
Hours Per Day: 8.5 hours
You’ll work Monday to Friday within our standard working hours. However, due to the nature of the role, at times you may need to work before or after standard hours, and even possibly at weekends. The role requires flexibility in this respect.
• 20 days annual holiday and 10 sick days.
• Flexible start and finish to avoid busy rush hours
• Health & Life Insurance
• Continual Education/Learning support
• Monthly team building lunches and other regular company staff events
• Great working office environment and collegial supportive work atmosphere
• The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. However, field work is required for meetings.
• Some travel (±70%) may be required.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Accounts & Finance
Reports To: Group Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Industry: Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, Risk and Compliance Management, Investigative Research Services
Due to foreseen popularity of this role, it is highly recommended for an early application.
Thank you for your interest and good luck!